Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer Mirroring Cons

Vote:

Hi EPI Geeks,

I just want to understand the impact of mirroring on production servers. I have a master site and two child sites. I want to share content of master site with child sites. Number of concurrent users on each site are 500-200. What are the performance implications if I use mirroring to push data from master to child sites?

thank you

Dec 04, 2014 12:08
Vote:

I guess it would depend on how much content and what type of server you are running.

But as you can set the chunck size most should setups should be ok. If it's still an issue you could setup a separat site to run the mirroring.

Dec 04, 2014 13:23
Vote:

thanks Petter for your vaulable input,

I can setup separate site for mirroring service but my concern is DB Server performace. Is it going to impact DB server (specifically source DB) if I schedule mirroring service to run every day to synch 15-20 average size pages?

OR

Is it better to just manually import/export the pages?

Manual work is not a concern but performance is a concern for me.

thanks

Dec 07, 2014 7:45
Vote:

15-20 pages doesn't sound like it should be that big impact on the DB. The Source DB should be even less as it would just get the reads. 

But to get the exact numbers I guess you will have to set it up and monitor it to see if it would stay within the range that you feel is exeptable.

Dec 07, 2014 11:01
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.