Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Empty recycling bin - child pages

Vote:

Hi,

I have deleted sections of our site. Some of these sections have Composer elements and child pages. When I go and empty the Recyle bin I get these warnings:

Are you sure you want to permanently delete "Procurement"?

The recommended way of permanently deleting pages is to empty the Recycle Bin, so that any references to the deleted pages will also be cleared. Deleting single pages from the Recycle Bin that are referenced by other pages may cause temporary problems on the website. This can be solved by restarting the site.

• Page with ID 47974 links to this page or some of its descending pages.
  • Page with ID 47993 links to this page or some of its descending pages.
  • Page with ID 47997 links to this page or some of its descending pages.

If I did a search using ID 47997  I get the following path: S_44373 >> cc5fffdb-add2-4fd0-a2bf-2ac2b3c7dc72 >> [Content data container] >> S_11 >> [Extension data container] >> Root >> > 

Are these shadow elements and if so would it effect the site if I continued to empty the recycle bin?

I have also set up a scheduled job to empty the recycle bin - it never removes pages that have these related elements/pages.

DO you have any ideas on why it does this and how would I find what pages these composer/child pages these are related to so I can clean up the site manually?

Jon

Dec 04, 2014 16:11
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.