Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Changelog Auto Truncate Job -> Timeout

Vote:

A EPiServer 6 R2-solution has been found to have a problem with it's Changelog Auto Truncate Job. It runs every night, and claims to finish OK, but the message is:

"Exception: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding."

There seems to be a lot of old entires in the solution, that ought to have been removed by this job.

I have tried to set the log level to All, but still there is no trace of this error message or anything relating to this job failing in the log. 

What might be timing out within this job, and why is the job claiming to have finished OK and not left any error messages in the log?

Nov 11, 2014 10:35
Vote:

I had the same problem. The job was stopped at some point, and the log was so large that the job timed out every time.

What I did was to run the stored procedure directly in the database - as discussed here.

Nov 11, 2014 11:27
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.