Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Mapped URLs - missing language prefix in friendly URLs

Vote:

Hi,

Mapped URLs (/Templates/Page.aspx?id=100) doesn't get correctly rewritten to friendly URLs on globalized websites. This error will occur if you're using the EPiServer.SpecializedProperties.PropertyUrl property and selects a page and then choose "Language: Automatically".

The URL gets rewritten though, but the language prefix is missing. All other links on the website, that are stored as permanent links and then rendered as mapped, gets correctly rewritten. I have no language mapping to domains, in which case would not include the language prefix.

If I add the language parameter to the link (/Templates/Page.aspx?id=100&epslanguage=en) the prefix gets added to the rewritten URL. This will however not work, because the property is not language specific and the link should be rewritten to the current language and not hard-coded to one language.

I have the latest updates installed (Patch 3) and I couldn't find any reported bug on this topic.

Jan 13, 2014 19:56
Vote:

Found a reported bug. And it is resolved, but it doesn't say in which version it was resolved.

http://world.episerver.com/Support/Bug-list-beta/bug/73749/.

Jan 13, 2014 20:29
Vote:

Ok, so there is a hotfix available. Just contact the support.

Jan 14, 2014 0:07
Vote:

Really wish the bug reports would state whether a hotfix is available (either in the "fixed in" field or in the description field).. 

Jan 23, 2014 0:26
Vote:

+1

The bug was reported in CMS6 R2, hotfix was made available, but it wasn't included in later releases of CMS6 R2, which I find strange. I would say this a quite serious bug.

Jan 23, 2014 0:31
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.