Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Help resolving exception of type System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException

Vote:

Hi!

I'm running both EPiServer 6 R2 and EPiServer 7.1 on my local machine. The site running on EPiServer 7.1 works. The site running on EPiServer 6 R2 doesn't work. It throws an exception (see details below) that I haven't been able to resolve.

Some things I've done:

- Repaired my EPiServer 6 R2 installation.

- Compared my local web.config with the one for our live site. They're identical.

- Replaced my local DLLs with the ones from the live site.

Anyone have any idea on how to proceed, or what could be wrong? Could the GAC somehow be corrupt?

Server Error in '/' Application.
Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\dc86f5d8\fac0bb6b\App_global.asax.bfx3kjf_.0.cs    Line: 0

Stack Trace:

[ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.]
   System.Reflection.Module._GetTypesInternal(StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +0
   System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes() +205
   EPiServer.Events.ServiceModel.EventReplicationKnownTypesHelper.GetKnownTypes(ICustomAttributeProvider provider) +353

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) +0
   System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) +1255
   System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) +38
   System.ServiceModel.Description.TypeLoader.GetKnownTypes(Object[] knownTypeAttributes, ICustomAttributeProvider provider) +15320261
   System.ServiceModel.Description.TypeLoader.UpdateOperationsWithInterfaceAttributes(ContractDescription contractDesc, ContractReflectionInfo reflectionInfo) +85
   System.ServiceModel.Description.TypeLoader.LoadContractDescriptionHelper(Type contractType, Type serviceType, Object serviceImplementation) +517
   System.ServiceModel.Description.ContractDescription.GetContract(Type contractType, Type serviceType) +71
   System.ServiceModel.ServiceHost.CreateDescription(IDictionary`2& implementedContracts) +476
   System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.InitializeDescription(UriSchemeKeyedCollection baseAddresses) +175
   System.ServiceModel.ServiceHost..ctor(Type serviceType, Uri[] baseAddresses) +280
   EPiServer.ServiceModel.GenericWcfServiceHost`1..ctor(Type serviceType) +43
   EPiServer.ServiceModel.GenericWcfServiceHost`1..ctor() +46
   EPiServer.Events.EventsInitialization.CreateEventServiceHost() +75
   EPiServer.Events.EventsInitialization.InitializeEvents(Boolean forcePublisher) +307
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.InitializeModules() +859
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.Initialize(HostType hostType) +115
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule.Initialize(HostType hostType) +227
   EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule.FrameworkInitialization(HostType hostType) +56
   EPiServer.Global..ctor() +76
   ASP.global_asax..ctor() in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\dc86f5d8\fac0bb6b\App_global.asax.bfx3kjf_.0.cs:0

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache) +146
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache) +298
   System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +79
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) +10366811
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +258
   System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +382

[HttpException (0x80004005): Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +11338038
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +88
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +4356276

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5466; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5459

Jan 20, 2014 11:37
Vote:

Could you try the following:

1. Stop the site in IIS
  2. Navigate to c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\ and delete content
  3. Start the site and refresh the site
Jan 21, 2014 8:54
Vote:

I followed the three steps you listed but the exception still gets thrown. Further, I've compared our live site's web.config with the local one and they're almost identical.

What annoys me is the fact that I've managed to install a new EPiServer 6 R2 site (Alloy) on my machine and it works perfectly.

Jan 21, 2014 13:29
Vote:

Did you solve this? I have the same problem.

May 09, 2015 21:45
Vote:

Hi!

To be honest I'm not sure whether or not we managed to solve the problem. Further more, at my company we're no longer developing in EPiServer CMS 6R2.

Hope you'll be able to solve the problem.

May 11, 2015 10:10
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.