Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Dynamic content of built in Page property is not rendering!!

Vote:

Hi,

I've written a user control for dynamic content which will not render, and I realized that Page Property built in will not render either. The contents are shown in preview in editor but will not render.

I have <dynamiccontent> settings in episerver.config as well.

Can anyone please tell me the solution to render the dynamic contents? I've looked on the forums but have not found any solution. Offcourse want to get the built in Page property dynamic section to render first before I move to my custom control.

Thanks

Jan 10, 2014 12:05
Vote:

I've identified that dynamic content of pag property is working in some of the pages which are standard simple html like privacy policy. It seems the dynamic contents are in conflict with some other property/object on the pages.

Has anyone witnessed this before?

Jan 10, 2014 13:09
Vote:

I've identified that dynamic content of pag property is working in some of the pages which are standard simple html like privacy policy. It seems the dynamic contents are in conflict with some other property/object on the pages.

Has anyone witnessed this before?

Jan 10, 2014 13:09
Vote:

Can you paste the html/code that you use for rendering the property?

Jan 10, 2014 13:46
Vote:

I have a public string variable <%=VanPrice%> , the dynamic content gets the page reference of Park and calculates the cheapest Van.

I can see the price in Editor preview but not on the page itself

Jan 10, 2014 13:50
Vote:

That will not work. You need to use an EPiServer:Property control (or DisplayFor if you are using MVC) in order for dynamic properties to render. 

Jan 10, 2014 13:51
Vote:

Do you mean that I need to define Episerver property and then pass the price into porperty? 

why is the built in EpiServer Page property won't work? 

Do you have any example?

Jan 10, 2014 13:57
Vote:

If you are using web forms:
The XHTML property that contains the dynamic content needs to be rendered using an EPiServer property control:

<EPiServer:Property PropertyName="MainBody" runat="server" />

You can also parse the xhtml manually, see:
http://tedgustaf.com/blog/2009/9/parse-an-episerver-xhtml-property-with-dynamic-content/

Edited, Jan 10, 2014 14:04
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.