Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Add a star (*) next to all required fields in Edit-mode

Vote:

I'm trying to add a * next to all required fields when editing a page in edit-mode (before clicking save or publish). I see that all required fields have a class "EP-requiredField", but when I style this class all required fields gets styled except properties of type XHTML. 

Is anyone able to help?

Thanks,

Andre

Jan 16, 2014 12:22
Vote:

I created a simple adapter for displaying hidden properties automatically for certain administrators some time back (code and explanation here), you could try the same approach for adding the asterisk to the required ones. What you would do is change the way that EPiServer.UI.Edit.EditPageControl renders the property names; in theory by altering the name instead of the DisplayEditUI flag in the example. You can check if the property is required by looking at the IsRequired property on the PropertyData object.

Could work :-)

Jan 16, 2014 15:20
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.