Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

postback controls in dynamic content

Vote:

Hi there,

I have created a dynamic content control that displays a list of items.  I am trying to enable paging but I am not having any luck.

The issue seems to be that each time the page is loaded the dynamic content control is just re-rendered from scratch.

For example, when I initially load the control I set the CommandArgument for the "Next" button to "2".  When I click the "Next" button, though, the "GetControl" method will spit out a brand new user control and the CommandArgument will enpty when the event fired.

Also, on an even stranger note, if I disable one of these paging linkbuttons it is still enabled when the form loads.  I am baffled as to why I can bind a datagrid but not disable a linkbutton.

Is it possible to have a dynamic content control respond to postbacks?  Am I completely missing something?

I'm happy to post any code if it would be helpful.  I am using a User Control to render the content.

Thanks

Aug 26, 2013 18:49
Vote:

boy I wish you could edit posts.. "...CommandArgument will be empty when the event is fired..."

Aug 26, 2013 18:53
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.