Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer.Shell.Resources.dll and EPiServer.Shell.UI.resources.dll

Vote:

Hello!

I won the lottery and got an EPiServer site handed to me :)

Now I'm trying to clean it up and add it to source control. Basically, what I'm aiming at, is to get the setup to build without the solution containing references to \bin- and \obj-folders.

As part of this quest, I've found a bunch of folders in my main project \bin-folder that each contains two files, EPiServer.Shell.Resources.dll and EPiServer.Shell.UI.resources.dll. The folders are named da, de, es etc. Figure it might be language files associated with some EPi plugin?

Anyone know what they are and where they come from? What is the best way to deal with these files when it comes to source control?

Best regards /

Fredrik

Aug 29, 2013 11:24
Vote:

Hi,

I think they are from the add-on "EPiServer Edit UI - Client side debug support", which you can safely remove from within the Add-on Store. You don't need that add-on for running the site.

Aug 29, 2013 12:03
Vote:

We usually use NuGet packages instead. EPiServer has their own feed: nuget.episerver.com. There you have packages for both EPiServer CMS 6 R2 and EPiServer CMS 7.

Hope this helps.

Frederik

Aug 29, 2013 12:09
Vote:

Well...

Figured I would have a look in onlinecenter, and see if I could see something in there. Turns out it doesn't work.

So onlinecenter and visitorgroups both give me a 404-page but the rest of the admin and edit interface seems to work. I've stared at web.config and episerver.config for about 5 hours now :P I've compared these files and the /UI settings to working sites, but no luck so far.

Ideas anyone? :)

Aug 30, 2013 8:02
Vote:

Please check the virtual groups CmsAdmins and CmsEditors in EPiServerFramework.config. Those are needed for the mvc parts of EPiServer, which OnlineCenter is built upon.

Aug 30, 2013 8:06
Vote:

Thank you for your reply!

Found these:

<add roles="WebAdmins, Administrators" mode="Any" name="CmsAdmins"
        type="EPiServer.Security.MappedRole, EPiServer" />
      <add roles="WebEditors" mode="Any" name="CmsEditors" type="EPiServer.Security.MappedRole, EPiServer" />

Looks ok?

Aug 30, 2013 8:38
Vote:

Could this be something?

2013-08-30 09:00:31,977 DEBUG [8] EPiServer.Shell.Web.Routing.ModuleRouteCollection.GetRouteData - Not routing '~/UrlRouting.axd' since it doesn't start with '~/cms/ui'

Aug 30, 2013 9:03
Vote:

Well, it has to do with the mess below. I've commented out most of it and by doing this I can get to site/CMS/UI by entering the url manually, which didn't work before doing this.

How do I get this part of web.config "right"?

<system.webServer>
  <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true">
   <remove name="UrlRoutingModule" />
   <remove name="ScriptModule" /><!--<add name="SearchWebRedirectModule" type="CMS.Core.HttpModule.SearchWebRedirectModule" />-->
   <add name="InitializationModule" type="EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule, EPiServer.Framework" preCondition="managedHandler" />
   <add name="FirstBeginRequestModule" type="EPiServer.Web.InitializationModule, EPiServer" preCondition="managedHandler" />
   <add name="Initializer" type="EPiServer.Scheduler.Initializer, EPiServer.Scheduler" preCondition="managedHandler" />
   <add name="WorkflowRuntime" type="EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation.WorkflowSystem, EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation" preCondition="managedHandler" />
   <add name="UrlRewriteModule" type="EPiServer.Web.UrlRewriteModule, EPiServer" preCondition="managedHandler" />
   <add name="ShellRoutingModule" type="EPiServer.Shell.Web.Routing.ShellRoutingModule, EPiServer.Shell" />
   <add name="ScriptModule" preCondition="managedHandler" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
   <add name="UrlRoutingModule" preCondition="" type="System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule, System.Web.Routing, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" /></modules>
    <handlers>
      <add name="webresources" path="WebResource.axd" verb="GET" type="System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader" />
      <add name="wildcard" path="*" verb="*" type="EPiServer.Web.StaticFileHandler, EPiServer" />
    </handlers><!--
   <remove name="UrlRoutingHandler" />
   <remove name="WebServiceHandlerFactory-Integrated" />
   <remove name="ScriptHandlerFactory" />
   <remove name="ScriptHandlerFactoryAppServices" />
   <remove name="ScriptResource" /><clear />
   <add name="TraceHandler-Integrated" path="trace.axd" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" type="System.Web.Handlers.TraceHandler" modules="ManagedPipelineHandler" scriptProcessor="" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" allowPathInfo="false" preCondition="integratedMode" responseBufferLimit="4194304" />
   <add name="WebAdminHandler-Integrated" path="WebAdmin.axd" verb="GET,DEBUG" type="System.Web.Handlers.WebAdminHandler" modules="ManagedPipelineHandler" scriptProcessor="" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" allowPathInfo="false" preCondition="integratedMode" responseBufferLimit="4194304" />
   <add name="AssemblyResourceLoader-Integrated" path="WebResource.axd" verb="GET,DEBUG" type="System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader" modules="ManagedPipelineHandler" scriptProcessor="" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" allowPathInfo="false" preCondition="integratedMode" responseBufferLimit="4194304" />
   <add name="PageHandlerFactory-Integrated" path="*.aspx" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" type="System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory" modules="ManagedPipelineHandler" scriptProcessor="" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" allowPathInfo="false" preCondition="integratedMode" responseBufferLimit="4194304" />
   <add name="SimpleHandlerFactory-Integrated" path="*.ashx" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" type="System.Web.UI.SimpleHandlerFactory" modules="ManagedPipelineHandler" scriptProcessor="" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" allowPathInfo="false" preCondition="integratedMode" responseBufferLimit="4194304" />
   <add name="WebServiceHandlerFactory-Integrated" path="*.asmx" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" type="System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFactory, System.Web.Services, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" modules="ManagedPipelineHandler" scriptProcessor="" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" allowPathInfo="false" preCondition="integratedMode" responseBufferLimit="4194304" />
   <add name="HttpRemotingHandlerFactory-rem-Integrated" path="*.rem" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" type="System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Http.HttpRemotingHandlerFactory, System.Runtime.Remoting, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" modules="ManagedPipelineHandler" scriptProcessor="" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" allowPathInfo="false" preCondition="integratedMode" responseBufferLimit="4194304" />
   <add name="HttpRemotingHandlerFactory-soap-Integrated" path="*.soap" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" type="System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Http.HttpRemotingHandlerFactory, System.Runtime.Remoting, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" modules="ManagedPipelineHandler" scriptProcessor="" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" allowPathInfo="false" preCondition="integratedMode" responseBufferLimit="4194304" />
   <add name="TRACEVerbHandler" path="*" verb="TRACE" type="" modules="ProtocolSupportModule" scriptProcessor="" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="None" allowPathInfo="false" preCondition="" responseBufferLimit="4194304" />
   <add name="OPTIONSVerbHandler" path="*" verb="OPTIONS" type="" modules="ProtocolSupportModule" scriptProcessor="" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="None" allowPathInfo="false" preCondition="" responseBufferLimit="4194304" />
   <add name="StaticFileHandler" path="*" verb="*" modules="StaticFileModule,DefaultDocumentModule,DirectoryListingModule" resourceType="Either" requireAccess="Read" />
   <add name="MetaWeblog" type="TemplateFoundation.MetaWeblog.MetaWeblogHandler" path="/metaweblog" verb="*" />
   <add name="LiveWriterManifest" type="TemplateFoundation.MetaWeblog.ManifestHandler" path="/wlwmanifest.xml" verb="*" />
   <add name="ReallySimpleDiscovery" type="TemplateFoundation.MetaWeblog.ReallySimpleDiscoveryHandler" path="/rsd.xml" verb="*" />
   <add name="TemplateFoundationImagesLoader" type="TemplateFoundation.Handlers.EmbeddedImagesHandler" path="/TemplateFoundation/images/*" verb="GET" />
   <add name="TemplateFoundationHtmlLoader" type="TemplateFoundation.Handlers.EmbeddedHtmlHandler" path="/TemplateFoundation/*.html" verb="GET" />
   <add name="PermanentLinksHandler" type="TemplateFoundation.Handlers.PermanentLinksHandler" path="/link/*" verb="*" />
    re-add the clear directive first in line-->
    <!--
   <add name="ScriptHandlerFactory" verb="*" path="*.asmx" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
   <add name="ScriptHandlerFactoryAppServices" verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
   <add name="ScriptResource" verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
   <add name="UrlRoutingHandler" verb="*" path="UrlRouting.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.HttpForbiddenHandler, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" /></handlers>
    -->

Aug 30, 2013 10:34
Vote:

I would copy the "vanilla" config file(s) from C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\CMS\6.1.379.0\Application and then re-add the project specific configurations.

The config files have always been a mess. But after a couple of years you get a hang of them ;)

Aug 30, 2013 10:38
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.