Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Blank page

Vote:

We have a site that has windows authentication and all users are allowed to see the site if they are not in a speicial deny group.

However, to be able to load the site the user also needs to be checked in an internal system.

All this works fine but there is still some users who get a blank page when the try to access it.

The IIS returns a 200 status for this users so they are authenticated, the internal system also clears the user.

If we add "everyone" to a page and set read access the user can see the page, but this is not what we want.

Is there any way of showing an error page instead of a blank page even thoe the IIS returns 200?

Aug 14, 2013 12:33
Vote:

Do you get any errors in the background that you handle with try / catch or why do you get a blank page?

Need some more information to help with this one...

Aug 14, 2013 14:45
Vote:

No, no errors and no try catches.

Don't know why epi returns a blank page. If we enable read access to Everyone the page is shown, but wan't an error instead of blank page 

Blank page content:
<html>
<head></head>
<body></body>
</html>
Aug 14, 2013 14:51
Vote:

Did you find out what the issue was here? I have a similar issue where a blank page is shown for anonymous users, while the actual page is shown if you're logged in or any of the httpCacheVaryByParams are added to the url. So in my case there seems to be an issue with the output cache.

Sep 24, 2013 10:23
Vote:

Hi

No, we never reached a solution for our issue.

EPiServer support said that our configuration looked ok and was into some issue with our AD groups but since I have no access to the AD we got no further.

Sep 24, 2013 10:40
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.