Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Cannor access Edit tab

Vote:

I am developing a new EPi site in CMS6 R2, and yesterday a strange error started happening. When I log in to edit the site (/secret/cms/edit), I can see the page tree, and can browse, but I can't see the "Edit tab" on the pages. I am a member of both the editor and admin groups. I can access the Admin Mode and I can edit the page types.

What could be wrong?

Jul 11, 2013 14:28
Vote:

And another tab that is missing is "Display Options", under "My settings". So I can't for instance change what language to use in the Edit mode.

Jul 11, 2013 15:00
Vote:

Hi,

Sounds like you're missing the virtual role CmsEditors in EPiServerFramework.config. Or it is misconfigured.

Jul 12, 2013 0:30
Vote:

Hi Johan.

My virtualRoles config looks like this, I don't see any issues with this. Am I missing something?

<virtualRoles replacePrincipal="true">
    <providers>
      <add name="Administrators" type="EPiServer.Security.WindowsAdministratorsRole, EPiServer.Framework" />
      <add name="Everyone" type="EPiServer.Security.EveryoneRole, EPiServer.Framework" />
      <add name="Authenticated" type="EPiServer.Security.AuthenticatedRole, EPiServer.Framework" />
      <add name="Anonymous" type="EPiServer.Security.AnonymousRole, EPiServer.Framework" />
      <add roles="WebAdmins, Administrators, Extranet.Administrators"
        mode="Any" name="CmsAdmins" type="EPiServer.Security.MappedRole, EPiServer.Framework" />
      <add roles="WebEditors" mode="Any" name="CmsEditors" type="EPiServer.Security.MappedRole, EPiServer.Framework" />
      <add name="Creator" type="EPiServer.Security.CreatorRole, EPiServer" />
    </providers>
  </virtualRoles>

Jul 12, 2013 9:35
Vote:

Got any solution to this? I am having similar problem, though I can see the Edit tab but when I click on it I get internal server error.

Sep 20, 2013 13:32
Vote:

I've got the same issue (edit tab greyed out but can access admin - also checked CmsEditors virtual role) in a test environment using SQL membership.. I don't suppose any of you remember what it turned out to be?

Oct 21, 2014 12:39
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.