Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Wrong date format in subscription mail after upgrade to CMS 6 R2

Vote:

After an upgrade from CMS 6 to CMS 6 R2, the date format in the subscription mail was changed from [dd.MM.yyyy] to [M/d/yyyy]. No changes were made in regional settings on the server or in the globalization settings in EPiServer.

Where do the subscription function get this date format?

Feb 06, 2013 10:51
Vote:

Hi!

Guessing little here... EPiServers SubscriptionMail-class seems to use the "ToShortDateString()" method, and there is no difference between the CMS 6 & CMS 6 R2 versions as far as I can see.

stringBuilder.Append(((DateTime)page[this._subscriptionMailDatePropertyName]).ToShortDateString());

Can you check if the <globalization ...> section in web.config have been changed to "en" or "en-US"?  

If so, is changing the culture-attribute to "nb-NO" or "nn-NO" solving your problem?

Feb 12, 2013 16:59
Vote:

Thanks for the reply!
No, the globalization section has not been altered by the upgrade. It is still "nb-NO".

Feb 13, 2013 10:33
Vote:

Hi again.

I checked the SubscriptionJob-class and I think your problem is related to changes in the fallback-/replacement-language implementation. It seems the job  implementation is first trying to use the users (the recipients) language preferrence and then falling back to the EPiServer language settings.

So my next guess would be:

1) Check if the "Personal Language" setting for the user receiving the e-mail has changed.

2) Check if the changed pages that triggers the subscription mail have the "Replacement language" set to "English". Some changes have been implemented here, see for example http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Linus-Ekstrom/Dates/2011/3/Changes-to-the-EPiServer-CMS-Globalization/. I'm not sure if they apply to you. 

Don't think I can help you further :)

Feb 13, 2013 11:56
Vote:

Hi,

Globalization is not activated for the site, so no replacement language is set. I checked one of the subscribers' personal language setting anyhow - it is still set to norwegian.

Edited, Feb 13, 2013 14:07
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.