Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Saving page type builder properties on restart

Vote:

Hi.

I'm currently trying to save settings for property added by page type builder. The problem is that the new setting, in this case that a value must be added, is removed on restart. I have added a GUID to the page type builder attribute but that didn't help. 

Is this supposed to happen? Or am I missing something?

Feb 18, 2013 21:43
Vote:

Saving settings through UI? It shouldn't be overriden by PTB. Are the settings still there when you refresh the propety settings page? I would enable logging and look at what happens when you press the save button.

Frederik

Feb 18, 2013 22:08
Vote:

It's saves fine and nothing bad happens, Until the application is restarted. Should the UI settings, for page properties, be overwritten by the pagetype builder on application restart even if a GUID is set?

Im looking at a massive job here with 4 sites and 10+ pagestypes each. It will take time to add the GUIDs to the live server, do a restart and then remove the standard values from the pagetypebuilder.

Feb 19, 2013 9:21
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.