Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problem with copying pages

Vote:

I have a problem with copying pages in the UI, with the below error message being logged in the log file. I have checked all permissions, and that the page type is allowed where I'm trying to copy it to.

If I'm reading the message correctly, the DDS wants me to remap EPiServer.Core.PageObject, which can be automatically done by applying the EPiServerDataStoreAttribute attributeto the class. This is a bit difficult to do considering I don't have access to the source for episerver.dll.

The relevant part of the log file is:

2013-02-22 13:48:35,395 DEBUG [21] EPiServer.Enterprise.DataExporter..ctor - 10.5.1 Export/import progress: Initializing
2013-02-22 13:48:35,470 DEBUG [21] EPiServer.Enterprise.DataExporter.ExportRaw - 10.5.1 Export/import progress: Exporting pages
2013-02-22 13:48:35,551 ERROR [21] EPiServer.Core.Transfer.TransferLogger.Error - 10.5.3 Export/import error: [Exporting page 225809] Exception: The Type 'EPiServer.Core.PageObject' needs to be remapped in the Dynamic Data Store, see the Errors collection for more information.
Remapping can be done by applying the EPiServer.Data.Dynamic.EPiServerDataStoreAttribute attribute to the type,
setting its AutomaticallyRemapStore property to true and ensuring the <episerver.dataStore><dataStore> autoRemapStores attribute in web.config is set to true (or is not defined).
Alternatively call the Upgrade-EPiRemapDDSTypes cmdlet from Powershell.[]
EPiServer.Data.Dynamic.StoreInconsistencyException: The Type 'EPiServer.Core.PageObject' needs to be remapped in the Dynamic Data Store, see the Errors collection for more information.
Remapping can be done by applying the EPiServer.Data.Dynamic.EPiServerDataStoreAttribute attribute to the type,
setting its AutomaticallyRemapStore property to true and ensuring the <episerver.dataStore><dataStore> autoRemapStores attribute in web.config is set to true (or is not defined).
Alternatively call the Upgrade-EPiRemapDDSTypes cmdlet from Powershell.
at EPiServer.Data.Dynamic.EPiServerDynamicDataStoreFactory.GetStore(Type type)
at EPiServer.DataAccess.DdsPageObjectRepository.LoadAllForPage(Guid pageGuid, String pageLanguageBranch, Int32 workPageId)
at EPiServer.Core.PageObjectManager.LoadAllMetaObjects()
at EPiServer.Core.PageData.ToRawPage()
at EPiServer.Enterprise.DataExporter.GetRawPageInfo(PageReference pageLink)
at EPiServer.Enterprise.DataExporter.ExportPage(XmlTextWriter xml, PageReference pageToExport, IPageTransfer exporter, IPageTransferContext context, AccessLevel requiredSourceAccess)
at EPiServer.Enterprise.DataExporter.ExportPagesRecursive(XmlTextWriter xml, PageReference pageToExport, IPageTransfer exporter, IPageTransferContext context, AccessLevel requiredSourceAccess)
at EPiServer.Enterprise.DataExporter.ExportRaw()
at EPiServer.Enterprise.DataExporter.Export()
2013-02-22 13:48:35,567 ERROR [21] EPiServer.Core.Transfer.TransferLogger.Error - 10.5.3 Export/import error: [Exporting page 225809] Failed to rollback creation of ''
System.ArgumentNullException: Parameter has no page set
Parameter name: pageLink
at EPiServer.DataFactory.Delete(PageReference pageLink, Boolean forceDelete, AccessLevel access)
at EPiServer.Enterprise.Transfer.PageCopyHandler.Rollback(CopyContext context, TransferLogger transferLogger)
2013-02-22 13:48:35,573 ERROR [21] EPiServer.Enterprise.Transfer.PageCopyHandler.Rollback - Failed to copy pages with root '225809' to '18304'

Any ideas out there?

Feb 22, 2013 15:59
Vote:

After contacting the support regarding this issue, we were advised to remap everything in the DDS, which solved the problem.

Mar 14, 2013 17:52
Vote:

Hey Patrik,

We are getting the same error. How do you remap everything?

Dec 06, 2013 21:25
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.