Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

friendly urls not correctly respecting the language/sitehost settings on globalized site

Vote:

Hi, probably a bit late to ask in these Cms7 times, and also this probably has been answered before but I'm having trouble finding good keywords to search for this issue.

Basically, if a site is set up with globalization, and a page exists in two languages it seems like the pages and urlsegments can be mixed in language. 

example: page A exists in Swedish and English, the swedish url segment is "foo" and the english segment is "bar" then i can access site.sv/sv/bar and i can access site.uk/en/foo i.e. the converttointernal in the url rewriteprovider doesn't seem to care which language of the page is being accessed.

Is this something by design or a bug which hasn't been adressed in Cms 6 r2

Nov 01, 2013 20:11
Vote:

Hi,

historically in EPiServer CMS the URL's have been very forgiving basically just trying to find any page that matches the segment. In one of the updates to CMS 7 (Patch 2?) we added a new feature called StrictLanguageRouting. Basically it makes sure that you can't use URL's from one language on another language, you'll get a 404 instead.

Nov 05, 2013 8:05
Vote:

the forgiveness feels wrong but at least an answer :) 

Nov 05, 2013 14:55
Vote:

There is actually a hotfix for this available for EPiServer 6 R2 as well that can you can get from developer support.

Nov 05, 2013 15:07
Vote:

Here is the bug :

#91611: Make routing to pages more strict regarding language segments

For EPiServer 7, t was fixed in Patch-2. You can read more about it here :
http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Installation-Instructions/Installing-EPiServer-Patches/Multilingual-Sites-and-Patch-2/
Edited, Nov 05, 2013 15:14
Vote:

Shahid: Is the hotfix which Linus mentioned avaiable as well? If so, does it apply on top of 6.1.379.502 ? 

Edited, Nov 06, 2013 11:50
Vote:

Yes there is a fix available, but it's not a generic meaning that we have to create a new hotfix for the version you are using (6.1.379.502). Create a support ticket to developer support, write your CMS-6R2 version and also mention if any hotfix is already installed in that environment. 

Nov 07, 2013 7:58
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.