Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

sp_FxDatabaseverion

Vote:

Hi, Now I am setting up a developing environment on my machine. I have installed Episerver and restored a database from my customer. I have set up the connectionstrings. When I then try to run the solution, I get the following error:

Could not find stored procedure 'sp_FxDatabaseVersion'.

In another episerver solution I have, this stored procedure is found. Is this a Episerver stored procedure? How can I get this to work in my customers solution?

Oct 16, 2013 12:36
Vote:

It looks like an EPiServer stored procedure.  I'd copy it over manually via SQL Server Management studio.  There is also one called sp_DatabaseVersion.  I'd copy that one as well if it hasn't come over.  They are owned by the dbo user so they will need the relevant permissions set too.

Oct 16, 2013 13:00
Vote:

sp_FxDatabaseVersion is a stored procedure used by EPiServer.Data (DDS). Could it be that the customer have separated DDS and CMS to different databases?

Oct 17, 2013 8:15
Vote:

Thank you so much for your answer. I copied it over and it worked :)

Oct 17, 2013 12:40
Vote:

I just realized that this problem happens when I restore the database from somewhere else, but then in the Options page of "Restore Database" window under "Restore the database files" I forget to set the file paths to the target database's mdf and ldf files. So for other people who get this problem: check that you set the correct target mdf and ldf file paths! :)

Dec 06, 2013 10:23
Vote:

I just ran into the error myself when I was going to do an upgrade from CMS 6 to 7 CMS. I got a fresh backup from the customer, and after restoring and starting up the site, I got this error. As it turned out, I'd been handed an EPiServer 5(!) database, from an upgrade I did a year ealier. The old database had not been removed from the db server, and the customer had picked the wrong one ;-)

Dec 11, 2013 18:38
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.