Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Timeout when Copy/Pasting from Composer clipboard

Vote:

Hi,

Bit of an odd issue. Our editors are having problems copying and pasting a component via the composer clipboard.

When pasting, the component drops in but never gets populated. This function used to work but has got progressively slower and is now non-functioning.

Jan 10, 2013 11:04
Vote:

Hi JTrow,

Do you mean that the Editors are having problems when adding a Composer Function to a page from either the Composer Clipboard or Global Blocks? If so, is it fair to say that it has got slower as the number of pages in the site has grown?

I'm not an expert on the innerworkings of composer, but we had a similar problem previously. When we profiled the site we could see that there was a specific Stored Procedure that was taking ages to load, i think it is called composerCompleteImport, and from memory (my memory) it is called everytime you add/save a composer block. There is some code within this stored procedure that iterates through every single page in the site, so as the number of pages increases this stored procedure takes longer and longer to execute.

If this sounds like the same problem, what you are looking for is an updated SP, and two updated Composer assemblies - both moving from version 4.1.0.142 to 4.1.0.152. I would suggest you contact EPiServer support requesting this hotfix, but as it's not been officially released they may not be able to provide them. In that case, let me know and I'll dig them out.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Al

Jan 12, 2013 15:11
Vote:

That sounds like the exact issue - we have a huge number of pages and it has got progressively slower.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll give support a nudge,

thanks,

JT

Jan 14, 2013 11:10
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.