Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Windows fileexplorerlike filecategorizing and managment

Vote:

Hello Epicommunity!

I'm a dev, helping a customer collecting requirements for the up-and-coming epiinstallation. Now, i would need som guidance with one of them. I'm not an EPI-dev, altough i dev in other CMS-systems, so excuse me for asking any questions that are really easy:)

Background:

The people aiming to use it, are using an old, old cms, which had a Windows fileexplorer like way of categorizing and handling files and pictures. Therefore, they would like it the same in this system. From what i see, and what i'm used too, that's not the way on how to work in a modern CMS (We use metadata, tags, filetypes etc and not folders like /MyFolder/Pictures etc) But IF.,, they really has this a req, are these kind o fileexplorerlike workflows supported in EPI out-of-the box? And if not, are there any "windows fileexplorer" like plugins on the market? Thanks

Sep 27, 2012 10:45
Vote:

Hi,
I guess this answers your question http://webhelp.episerver.com/CMS/6.1/EN/FileManagement/IN_FileManagementEdit.htm.

And the short answer is that you can create a folder structure and/or metadata.

Sep 27, 2012 11:09
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.