Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Plain text missing in TinyMCE Insert Image dialog

Vote:

The TinyMCE Insert Image dialog displays all button/tab/header texts as keywords instead of plain/translated text, like {#advimage_dlg.tab_general}, {#advimage_dlg.tab_appearance} and {#insert} {#cancel}. This only occurs in the Insert Image dialog, not in other TinyMCE dialogs.

The form used is at http://(mysite.com)/util/editor/tinymce/plugins/advimage/image.htm.

There is a folder at /util/editor/tinymce/plugins/advimage/lang/ that contains an en_dlg.js file with the entries that should be translated.
There are also xml lang files under my root/lang/ folder that contains the nodeset <tinymce><advanced><advimage_dlg>(translations for tabs/buttons)</advimage_dlg></advanced></tinymce>.

Has anyone seen this before?

Sep 05, 2012 13:08
Vote:

Bump. Has noone seen this problem? Image: http://imgur.com/z5GYsED

Edited, Feb 26, 2013 10:25
Vote:

I had this issue today when working with one of our customers. The problem was that the tinyMCE.en.lang.xml (and for the other languages as well)had been modified (for some unknown reason) with some strange whitespaces. The file seemed identical to the one you would get from a standard installation, and my diff software also told me that the files were identical. However, I noticed that the file sizes were slightly different, and the difference was also clearly visible if opened in notepad. When copying in the unmodified file from the alloy site (or from \EPiServer\CMS\6.1.379.0\Application\lang), it worked.

Feb 28, 2013 11:52
Vote:

I also had the similar problem; in several of my tinyMCE xml lang files there was a string like this:

<clipboard_msg>Copy/Cut/Paste is not available in Mozilla and Firefox.
Do you want more information about this issue?</clipboard_msg>

When I removed line breack and changed it to this:

<clipboard_msg>Copy/Cut/Paste is not available in Mozilla and Firefox.\nDo you want more information about this issue?</clipboard_msg>

the problem was fixed

Jun 06, 2013 10:46
Vote:

Thanks for the input, Roman. 

My problem was fixed by replacing the lang files with originals like Per Magne suggested.

Jun 06, 2013 11:28
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.