Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Access to EPiServer TinyMCE web control?

Vote:

Have encountered problems using the EPiServer TinyMCE web control on an ASPX page. There´s no problem when user has admin or edit access. But when with a regular user the control can´t be loaded. So when displaying the page the user will be promted a couple of times for username and password and then a message dialog with the text "Load jQuery first!" will be shown. The page will load but with some JavaScript errors. Fyi: The site is using windows authentication.

Anyone who encountered the same "access problem" exposing the TinyMCE control outside the edit/admin mode?

Sep 27, 2012 22:10
Vote:

Hello Martin,

Have you tried this: "Enabling the tinyMCE XHTML editor for non-authenticated users" in  http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Tech-Notes/EPiServer-CMS-6/EPiServer-CMS-6-R2/TinyMCE-Developers-Guide3/

Sep 28, 2012 8:27
Vote:

No I missed that section in documentation =). Thanx!

Oct 02, 2012 20:38
Vote:

Hi Martin

I would like to use TinyMCE editor (PropertyXHTMLString) webcontrol as a normal server control on aspx instead of property. Can you tell me how you have done that?

Dec 21, 2012 9:16
Vote:

Hi,

In short, you only need to do this in your ASPX page:

1. Register the TinyMCE namespace.
  2. Add the web control on the page.

Example:

<%@ Register TagPrefix="tinyMCE" Namespace="EPiServer.Editor.TinyMCE" Assembly="EPiServer" %>

<tinyMCE:Editor Width="460" Height="200" theme="advanced" runat="server" />

Dec 23, 2012 18:19
Vote:

Hi Martin

Thanks, it's works but it's not showing toolbar. See below snap. Any idea?

Dec 24, 2012 7:39
Vote:

Hi Martin

I found below article and I am following it. I hope it will work.

http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Tech-Notes/EPiServer-CMS-6/EPiServer-CMS-6-R2/TinyMCE-Developers-Guide/

Dec 24, 2012 7:42
Vote:

Hello,

You can add a custom toolbar like this:

string[] toolbarRow1 = new string[] { "bold", "italic", "underline" };

txtEditor.ToolbarRows.Add(new ToolbarRow(toolbarRow1));

Edited, Dec 25, 2012 12:24
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.