Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'EPiServer.PageBase' threw an exception.

Vote:

Hi All.

I am having some issues with a CMS 6 R2 site - that works fine on our development server - but when I try to run on my localhost I get this error.

Anyone having run into this issue ?

The site is a blank solution with a startpage that fetches a text.

---------------------------- [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] EPiServer.Configuration.Settings.get_Instance() +36 EPiServer.PageBase..cctor() +25 [TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'EPiServer.PageBase' threw an exception.] EPiServer.PageBase..ctor(Int32 enable, Int32 disable) +0 EPiServer.SimplePage..ctor(Int32 enable, Int32 disable) +58 EPiServer.EditPage..ctor(Int32 enable, Int32 disable) +116 EPiServer.TemplatePage..ctor(Int32 enable, Int32 disable) +88 EPiServer.TemplatePage..ctor() +33 _Default..ctor() +44
Aug 13, 2012 16:31
Vote:

Trying to run the site i visual studio 2010 sp1 and the web development server.

Aug 13, 2012 16:48
Vote:

I don't recommend using the built in Visual Studio web server but IIS instead. However if you need to use the built in server, maybe this post can help: http://www.jonathansewell.co.uk/index.php/2010/11/29/episerver-6-visual-studio-development-server/.

Frederik

Edited, Aug 13, 2012 17:42
Vote:

What version of IIS is your development server on, i think Cassini is based on IIS6 so if you have a web.config for IIS7 it will not work

Aug 15, 2012 12:47
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.