Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Customising EPiServer CMS User Interface

Vote:

Hi Guys

I have been taksed with finding out the best ways to customise the EPiServer UI i.e. change colour scheme use own logo etc. What would be the best method for me todo this. So far my options are :

* Update the UI files within Program Files (not a chance)

* Copy the UI folders from Program Files move to a local folder within the website and update the VPP paths withing EPiServer.Config

Are their any other options i.e Theme's or being able to override the existing UI controls.

Thanks

Minesh

Aug 09, 2012 15:27
Vote:

I think your best bet would be to create a new theme and set it as default theme in web.config for EPiServer UI, the default theme used is called "Default": C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\CMS\6.1.379.0\Application\App_Themes\Default

Frederik

Aug 10, 2012 10:54
Vote:

Copy to a source code controlled local folder within the website is a good way if you need to be able to change HTML.

I don't think Themes will get you into CSS/images for the newer "Shell" views such as Online Center etc.

Aug 10, 2012 13:16
Vote:

Cheers for the info, will try both methods and see what fits out needs the best

Aug 10, 2012 16:23
Vote:

Using Theme's alone i do not think it is possible to modify the EPiServer Logo although colours and some other icons looks promising

Aug 13, 2012 11:33
Vote:

Right i have created a new themes folder locally and updated the App_Themes_Default value in EPiServer.config file with this i can now update the logo shown on the top right, although where can i change the link, I cant seem to find where the user control is for the global header

Aug 15, 2012 17:18
Vote:

as i thought the ur;s are hard coded in the assembley therefor cannot be changed

Response from EPiServer below

Unfortunately I'm afraid that you cannot change url of that logo since it was hardcoded in assembly.

You can find it is set in method GetMenuItems() class ShellMenuProvider assembly EPiServer.Shell.UI.dll by refletoring.

Aug 21, 2012 12:09
Vote:

I guess you could add a HttpModule last for the UI-folder and replace the rendered markup if you really need to change the logo-URL.

Aug 21, 2012 13:01
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.