Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problems with Episerver Scheduler service

Vote:

We have 2 sites on 2 different servers, one of the sites is the source for mirroring.

In the Windows Eventlog the episerver schedulere post ca. each 20 min. a error message saying: " Failed to start site <site name> error: "The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized"".

The log have posted this message a while, but it seemed to get worse after we applied the 502 patch to the server. There have always been a problem to get all the jobs to run at the designated time, thats why we patched the servers. This error do just happen on the source site, not the mirrored site. Have anybody had that problem?

I am going to attempt to rollback the episerver version to see if that helps.

Jun 26, 2012 12:17
Vote:

Hi,

As you get the post every 20 min I'm guessing it is the indexing job that gives the error (as this by default is set to run every 20 min)

I would check the EPiServer.IndexingService.exe.config on the source server. You will find it under: C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\Shared\Services\Indexing Service.

If there is a datasource or filepath that you know is wrong remove that one. Else if your not sure what to remove just rename to old file and create a new empty one. The sites will register themselfs.

Hope it helps

Edited, Jun 26, 2012 15:18
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.