Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Cannot mirror datastore data using Mirroring 2.0

Vote:

Hi,

I am trying to mirror some data which is held in the dynamic datastore between EPiServer sites using mirroring 2.0.

I have created a module based on TransferHandlerBase and implementing IInitializibleModule using the code from Johan Björnfot's blog post Custom Export – Handle your “own” stream as a base.

The initialize method adds an event handler to the RegisterTransferHandlers event.

public void Initialize(InitializationEngine context)
        {
            RegisterTransferHandler.RegisterTransferHandlers +=
                new EventHandler<RegisterTransferHandlerEventArgs>(RegisterTransferHandlers);
        }

private void RegisterTransferHandlers(object sender, RegisterTransferHandlerEventArgs args)
        {
            if (args.TransferType == TypeOfTransfer.Exporting
                || args.TransferType == TypeOfTransfer.MirroringExporting)
            {
                args.RegisteredHandlers.Add(new RedirectionExport());
            }
        }

Then the read and write methods convert the data into and out of XML.

The code works when I import or export the data. When I try mirroring, nothing happens. I have tried adding loggin and the Initialize method is called, but not the RegisterTransferHandlers.

The mirroring service is running as a seperate website with the folder within the EPiServer site folder and I have updated the mirroring services bin folder with the contents of the sites bin folder, just in case.

Any help would be really useful....

Jim

May 18, 2012 16:18
Vote:

Have you deployed your code to the target site's mirroring site bin folder too?

May 30, 2012 12:00
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.