Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

XForm Not Sending Email

Vote:

Hi All,

This should be easy but I'm struggling to find the solution. I have a page with XForm on and the form is set to submit to database and send email. I have set the SMTP settings in web.config and I'm sure they're correct and the global.asax file has the XForm code required. The form is set to redirect to a page on submission and the email addresses are all valid.

On submitting the form the form stays, does not redirect and retains the data entered in the form and no email is sent. Checking the form data on the page reveals that the data was saved to the database.

Changing the form to save to database only saves the data and redirects as expected.

I must be missing something really easy and obvious but I can't figure out what and have not been able to find the cause on EPiServer World.

Any suggestions gratefully received, thanks in advance,

Mark

Apr 25, 2012 17:48
Vote:

Apr 25, 2012 19:29
Vote:

Hi Arild,

Thanks for your post, I knew it was a classic but couldn't get it working on my dev machine. Turns out my SMTP settings were not correct after all and changing these has resolved the issue I was having.

Thanks again,

Mark

Apr 26, 2012 11:19
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.