Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

CMS - Unable to Load.. Can't find IIS

Vote:

I have just installed EPiServer CMS for the first time. The install went without a hitch. However when I try to run the CMS I get the following error.

---------------------------
EPiServer Manager error
Unable to load any sites - Microsoft Internet Information Server does not seem to be installed

The PC is a Win7 32bit and it DOES have IIS 7 installed.

What more is there? I would appriciate some help.

Apr 02, 2012 7:42
Vote:

Did the installation create a new IIS site?
Do you have other .NET sites running using IIS? Could you try to verify that "World Wide Web Services"  is turned on under "Windows features"?

Apr 02, 2012 13:52
Vote:

No, the installation did not create a site. Should it? Not sure how it could do that. It can't see IIS.

Yes, I have other sites running. IIS is installed and running.

Apr 03, 2012 0:47
Vote:

I uninstalled EPiServer CMS and reinstalled it with IIS (inetmgr) open. I still get the same error. "Unable to load any sites - Microsoft Internet Information Server does not seem to be installed"

After closing that error I am able to poke around in the menus of EPiServer CMS.

If I select the Action menu - Update, I get this error.

EPiServer Manager error
Import of sitedata failed: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

If I select the Action menu - Install, I get this error.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at EPiServerManager.Forms.MainForm.NewSiteMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.MenuItemData.Execute()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Command.DispatchID(Int32 id)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Even Action menu - Properties gets an error. I'll not put the error text here. Seems there is little point. EpiServer CMS has bigger problems. Nothing works.

Edited, Apr 03, 2012 1:14
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.