Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver Cache

Vote:

When I do some Changes in my Episerver page i.e create or delete new episerver page than those changes are not reflected on my website continously.When I refresh my site sometime changes are seen and sometime they just disappear. But when I recycle application pool they these changes are reflected immediatly after continously. It seems some problem with caching.

Kindly let me know if there are some additional settings need to be done for cache clearing. My website is on NLB server and this problem is only on one server and works fine on other.

Mar 15, 2012 15:21
Vote:

Hi,

You need to configure remote events http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Tech-Notes/EPiServer-CMS-6/EPiServer-CMS-6-R2/Event-Management-System-Specification/ so each server gets notified when to invalidate the cache.

Mar 15, 2012 16:03
Vote:

Mar 19, 2012 15:57
Vote:

I tried using this solution but the problem still remains the same. New page created is behaving strangly. It appears and disapperas on its own will. When I recycle the app pool of my website only then Changes are visible.

Mar 19, 2012 16:20
Vote:

Check your output cache settings. More on that, check out Joels post:

http://joelabrahamsson.com/entry/the-episerver-cms-output-cache-explained

Apr 10, 2012 22:14
Vote:

Hi Abhinav,

Be sure that you are not using web gardens. This is what Fredrik Haglund has to say about it:

Do not use Web Garden unless you know what you are doing. It will require double memory for the cache and out of process state-handling. If you change the number of worker processes from 1 to 2 it is like having two web servers on the same box with IIS acting like load balancer. (It is a cheap way in a development environment to test how you application will behave in a farm with load balancing.) 

Apr 11, 2012 1:31
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.