Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver 6 R2 page not reflecting on NLB server

Vote:

Hi,

I am facing a problem in Episerver 6 R2. I have my website on NLB server. When I am trying to create a new page in episerver then that page is visible when i browse my website from one server out of two on NLB but these changes are not visible at all the time when I browse my site from other server. When I refresh my page from this server sometimes changes are reflected and sometime they are not.

Kindly help me with any solution. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Mar 15, 2012 15:04
Vote:

Hi,

You need to configure remote events http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Tech-Notes/EPiServer-CMS-6/EPiServer-CMS-6-R2/Event-Management-System-Specification/ so each server gets notified when to invalidate the cache.

Mar 15, 2012 16:07
Vote:

Mar 19, 2012 15:57
Vote:

I tried using this solution but the problem still remains the same. New page created is behaving strangly. It appears and disapperas on its own will. When I recycle the app pool of my website only then Changes are visible.

Mar 19, 2012 16:20
Vote:

Is the maximum worker processes set to 1 in the app pool of the servers?

Mar 19, 2012 17:00
Vote:

Are you certain remote events are working properly?

Have you tried installing the Event monitoring gadget from here http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Paul-Smith/Dates1/2010/6/Online-Center--Admin-Plugin-for-EPiServer-Events-System-Load-Balancing/?

This allows you to send events from one server and verify that it is received on other servers.

Mar 19, 2012 17:19
Vote:

No, max worker process is set to 2

Mar 19, 2012 17:40
Vote:

In a normal scenario, you can only have 1 worker process. Not sure how it's handled in a load balancing scenario. Try to set it to one and see if that helps.

Mar 19, 2012 17:45
Vote:

See this thread for more info (appears it could be the same issue as described in this thread):

http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=46814&epslanguage=en

Mar 19, 2012 21:33
Vote:

I guess ill be needing 2 worker processes to handle load balancing scenerios. @david ..thanx for the link. Pblm is some what similar but main issue is caused by NLB server. Any guesses ...Is it to do any thing with the authentication modes( form , basic or anonymous). Which all authentication modes be enabled. Also does nebody know weather classic or integrated managed pipleline mode option play any role in this. Currently I am using Integrated amanged pipeline mode

Mar 20, 2012 8:34
Vote:

Hi

Have you solved this problem? If not view Steve Celius answer at http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=46814&epslanguage=en. We had an EPiServer site behaving strange like this. The worker processes were set to 2. Resetting it to 1 solved the problem. As Steve Celius says: "Multiple worker processes is effectively load balancing but on one server". And you are already "loadbalancing" with your NLB. My guess is when using multiple worker processes only one gets the clear cache messages from EPi remote events the other worker process do not.

/Hans

Mar 22, 2012 8:56
Vote:

Thanx hans, ill try that since pblm is not solved .and will come back to u .....In meanwhile if u could suggest weather authentication modes do play any role in this. And which all authentications be used(form ,basic, anonymous ) I have hosted my site on IIS 7.0

Mar 22, 2012 9:54
Vote:

Authentication modes should not have anything to do with it.

Mar 22, 2012 11:02
Vote:

Thanx for ur help guys......Its working now. Worker process is to be 1 on both the servers and some other basic settings of enable remote events.

Mar 23, 2012 8:38
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.