Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Upgrade from CMS 6 TinyMCE

Vote:

Hi all,

I have been attempting to upgrade a site from 6 to 6R2, and after alot of trial and error, I'm finally getting close. Where I'm stuck now, is that TinyMCE does not seem to be loading for XHTML properties.

I've researched and found a few others having this problem, but all their solutions don't seem to work for me.

These are:

uiEditorCssPaths (not using any)
- http://tedgustaf.com/blog/2011/10/switching-to-tinymce-after-upgrade-caused-some-errors/
- UI virtual paths is set correctly
- http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=55304&epslanguage=en (caching is defined)

Funnily enough, it seems to work in IE only

Any ideas (new)?

Dec 11, 2012 3:11
Vote:

If you have added server side plug-ins you need to add an empty script file for the plug-in, otherwise at least Firefox will choke. See the net traffic for any 404:s and add an empty JavaScript file. In EPiServer 7 you can set a Tiny MCE plug-in to be "server only".

Dec 11, 2012 7:38
Vote:

Tinymce uses script tags to load plugins in parallel. As I observed, on Firefox and Chrome, once a script tag failed to load, onerror event would make the others stopped as well. IE is suprisingly more fail tollerent.

Dec 12, 2012 21:06
Vote:

Am going to try the suggestion, but interestingly, in version 6, the Firefox error with the 404 happens, but the WYSIWYG works.

Dec 12, 2012 22:44
Vote:

Yes. Something happened in the Tiny MCE version we upgraded to in EPiServer 6 R2 that makes this fail for some browsers.

Dec 13, 2012 7:37
Vote:

Is there a fix for it?

Dec 13, 2012 7:45
Vote:

There is not a hotfix for is that is what you meant but the solution is simple, as described above: Just add an empty file to be loaded. In EPiServer 7 you can mark your plug-in as server side only and then we won't add it to the list of plug-ins that Tiny will initialize.

Dec 13, 2012 8:05
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.