Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Multiple Image uploads

Vote:

Hi,

Im trying to set the CMS up to allow multiple file uploads but there seems to be an issue with the Active X. When I go into the Components section of My Settings to enable the multiple file upload it says "you are using version N/A of EPiServer Client
Components" - Install version 2.3 - I click on this button and a pop up appears - After clicking Install via another popup it goes no where but has a blank popup window. Is there anything I need to do?

I have tried altering my Internet Security settings but nothing has helped.

Many thanks

Jonathan

Nov 15, 2012 18:06
Vote:

It's the joy of permissions.  Good old Internet Explorer won't let you just install any old thing so although you're giving it the OK to install the plugin, it won't let you regardless.  There is a solution though.  Grab the .cab file from your episerver install (mine was at C:\Program Files (x86)\EPiServer\CMS\6.1.379.0\Application\UI\CMS\ActiveX\EPiServerClientComponents.CAB )

Extract it as you would a zip file (using your favourite zip-like tool) into a temporary folder.  Then create a batch file (just a text file with the extension bat, like install.bat) with the following code:

cd \windows\syswow64
regsvr32 "My temporary folder location\EPiOfficeIntegration.dll"
regsvr32 "My temporary folder location\EPiFileUpload.dll"
pause

You don't need the first line if you're using a 32 bit operating system.  Now right click the batch file and select 'Run As Administrator'.  You should get a command prompt telling you the services are registered successfully.  Go back to your Components folder, refresh and hey presto, you have the components installed! :)

Nov 16, 2012 16:06
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.