Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver search Page property issue

Vote:

I am using SearchDataSource in CMS 6 to do a database content search on the site. It returns result for the title and heading of the page but If I search for other properties on the page it does not return any results. Do I need to run an indexing service manually to make the search work or am I missing some configuration.

The code I am using for search is 

aspx:

<EPiServer:SearchDataSource ID="SearchDataSourceCtrl" runat="server" EnableVisibleInMenu="false">
</EPiServer:SearchDataSource>
code behind:

SearchDataSourceCtrl.PageLink = PageReference.RootPage;
SearchDataSourceCtrl.IncludeRootPage = true;
SearchDataSourceCtrl.SearchFiles = true;
SearchDataSourceCtrl.SearchLocations = "~/Global/,~/Documents/,~/PageFiles/";
SearchDataSourceCtrl.SearchQuery = Criteria;
SearchDataSourceCtrl.OnlyWholeWords = false;
SearchDataSourceCtrl.DataBind();

The tree branches on my CMS starts from the root page rather than the start page hence I am using RootPage in the page link.
Also I have multiple language enabled and I have tried setting the LanguageBraches property on the SearchDataSourceCtrl.

Jan 13, 2012 12:10
Vote:

The properties you're trying to search for, are they set to be searchable? (go to edit the page type and property and make sure the "Searchable property" checkbox is checked).

Frederik

Jan 13, 2012 12:18
Vote:

Thanks the property was not set to searchable. I have set it to be searcable but still I am not getting the results on that property. Any other suggestions?

Jan 13, 2012 12:42
Vote:

You probably need to republish the pages that use that property.

Frederik

Jan 13, 2012 12:44
Vote:

Thanks Frederik you are a star. It is working now.

Jan 13, 2012 12:45
Vote:

No problem, glad it helped :).

Jan 13, 2012 13:19
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.