Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Public templates

Vote:

Hi

i just installed EPiServer. I already managed to create a demo site with the Alloy-template. I now want to create an empty site, but when I create a site and don't check the Alloy template, a non-functioning site is created (the site has no content and I can't access the editor because there are no startfiles :s). Is there a way to create an "empty" new site? 

Where am I supposed to find the public templates? I only seem to have the Alloy-template...

Thanks

Sep 02, 2011 13:26
Vote:

In your episerver.config, the siteSettings pageStartId attribute is probably set to 0. Set it to 1 (the root page). The either use PageTypeBuilder to create a start page type, or go to admin mode and create it there. Create a new page of this type under start page. It will get ID 3. Then change pageStartId to 3 and you should be good to start a VS project and start coding.

Sep 02, 2011 14:42
Vote:

You were right, the pageStartId was set to 0, setting this to 1, gave me the root page.

But then I'm stuck again... in admin mode I can't create a start page, if I add a page, the list of page types is empty :s

I don't know how to use the PageTypeBuilder either :s

Thanks

Sep 02, 2011 15:30
Vote:

If you have created an empty site then no page types will be available.

In admin mode you are able to create page types and associate them with page templates. Page Type Builder is a framework that simplifies this process - amother other things - by generating the page types for you.

If you're new to EPiServer then here's a great collection of links to get you started: http://www.frederikvig.com/2010/05/episerver-developer-resources/

Sep 02, 2011 15:36
Vote:

Yeah, like I also said you need to create the page type first. But I also recommend you learn to use Page Type Builder.

Sep 02, 2011 15:47
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.