Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom page provider and license

Vote:

Hi!

I need to use custom page provider in my site, based on EpiServer cms (6 R2).

I've created simple page provider by this sample: http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Anders-Hattestad/Dates/2011/1/PageProviders-and-DDS-a-match-from-heaven/

On my developer machine (license <LicenseType>12-Month Partner Developer License</LicenseType> - part of data from License.config file) all ok. But on server i've see error (license <LicenseType>12-Month Customer Developer License</LicenseType>). After this i've upgraded my licence (license <LicenseType>Customer Developer Enterprise Master</LicenseType> <Enterprise>True</Enterprise>), but again saw this error.

Error message:

Server Error in '/' Application.

An Enterprise license is required in order to add a PageProvider.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: EPiServer.Licensing.LicenseException: An Enterprise license is required in order to add a PageProvider.

Part of top stack trace

[LicenseException: An Enterprise license is required in order to add a PageProvider.]
   EPiServer.Core.PageProviderMap.ValidateConfigParams(PageProviderBase pageProvider) +535
   EPiServer.Core.PageProviderMap.AddPageProvider(PageProviderBase pageProvider, Boolean validateEntryPoint) +54
   EPiServer.Core.PageProviderMap.LoadPageProviders(ProviderSettingsCollection pageProvidersCollection) +123
   EPiServer.DataFactory..cctor() +237

Aug 10, 2011 20:13
Vote:

Go to admin mode and look at your config in site information page to see if it's really is a enterprise license you got installed.

Aug 10, 2011 21:09
Vote:

Here info about my license.

License Information

License number: 165950

License file: 

Owner: 

Company:

Type: Customer Developer Enterprise Master

Expires: 8/9/2012

Features:

Enterprise=True

Master=True

Restrictions:

Restricted to version 6.0-6.1.9999

Restricted to IP-address xx.xx.xx.xx

Restricted to use before 8/9/2012 12:00:00 AM

Aug 10, 2011 23:42
Vote:

Hi. Any ideas?

Aug 15, 2011 14:14
Vote:

I have the same problem!

Did you manage to solve it?

Feb 17, 2012 4:04
Vote:

Hi, no, nothing so far.

Feb 17, 2012 9:25
Vote:

Hey Ievgen,

So did you end up using the page provider at all or did you just find another solution?

Feb 20, 2012 2:15
Vote:

Hej,

We actually ended up using the page provider and cut this feature off.

Mar 22, 2012 15:24
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.