Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

TinyMCE Upgrade Issue V6- V6R2

Vote:

We are getting the following error for all our dynamic content settings components that contains the TinyMCE control.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. -   System.Exception {System.NullReferenceException}

at EPiServer.Editor.TinyMCE.Editor.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

This happened immediately after the upgrade from 6 to 6.2 of EPiServer.

Any ideas about how to resolve this would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Robert Gibbins.

Jul 04, 2011 14:59
Vote:

Hi Robert!

I'm looking into a bug about the Tiny MCE web control throwing a null reference exception when used stand alone (that is: not a normal property in edit or on page edit mode). As far as I've seen, there was quite a rewrite of the set up for this control in order to handle the improved on page edit mode including support for Tiny MCE for CMS 6 R2. Unfortunately there does not seem to be a simple fix for this I we probably have to do some sort of rewrite of this. Perhaps you can use a client initiated Tiny MCE or a xhtml property until we do a fix?

Jul 05, 2011 9:26
Vote:

Hi Linus,

Have you ever worked on Mobile Apps in EPIServer CMS 6? Bcoz i am not getting the right link to do that. Recently i found one MobilePack software......but it is giving so many errors......

Jul 14, 2011 7:47
Vote:

Hi Robert!

I just ran into the same exception, after an upgrade, for the Tiny MCE control, did you find a solution?

/Kristoffer

Aug 30, 2011 16:22
Vote:

There's a hotfix available from EPiServer support. Just contact them.

/Erik

Aug 31, 2011 14:28
Vote:

Hi Erik,

IS there definitely a hotfix available? We contacted EPiServer but they have told us there is no fix available currently.

Thanks

Al

Nov 03, 2011 11:56
Vote:

YES there is.  It is the EPiServer.Data or EPiServer Assembly.  Pretty sure of it.  Tobias knows the exact assembly but I am almost certain it is EPiServer or EPiServer.Data you need to update.

I just confirmed that it is the EPiServer Assembly.  I ran into the same problem and uploaded the new EPiServer.dll to the gac on the server and WHALLA.  Works Like a charm

Edited, Nov 03, 2011 21:46
Vote:

Does the new v501 patch version contain this fix? Applied to a machine and still getting the same problem.

Apr 17, 2012 11:03
Vote:

Paul I think the 501 contains it. The latest general hotfix (502) has it at least.

Read more here:

http://world.episerver.com/Articles/Items/About-the-Latest-Updates-for-EPiServer-CMS-and-Relate/

Sep 11, 2012 15:07
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.