Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

NullReferenceException after upgrade to CMS6 R2

Vote:

Hi All

Can anyone shed any light on this error that I am now getting after upgrading the site from CMS6 to CMS6 R2?

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   EPiServer.Web.PropertyControls.Adapters.PropertyDataControlAdapter.ShouldCreateDefaultControls() +11
   EPiServer.Web.PropertyControls.Adapters.PropertyDataControlAdapter.CreateChildControls() +78
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +128
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +44
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +842

Thanks in advance

Ben

Jun 23, 2011 15:40
Vote:

Quess you have a property that have an CreatePropertyControl() that don't inherit from PropertyDataControl 

Jun 23, 2011 18:43
Vote:

Problem solved.

I had a custom PropertyDataControlAdapter and had to override ShouldCreateDefaultControls() to return true to get them to work

Cheers

Jun 24, 2011 13:09
Vote:

In my case it was a webcontrol that inherited from PropertyPageReferenceControl : PropertyDataControl. So both custom properties, webcontrols and control adapters can be the guilty who gives the error.

Aug 30, 2011 14:22
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.