Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Upgradation Error - Language Change In Edit mode

Vote:

HI

I upgraded my site from CMS 6 to CMS 6 R2.I am getting error(see below) when i am changing Language from Show page Tree option in Edit mode just below Page Tree.only this error is coming on left side frame where page tree should come.

Anybody has idea?

Atul

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   PageTypeBuilder.PageTypeResolver.ConvertToTyped(PageData page) +11
   PageTypeBuilder.Initializer.DataFactory_LoadedPage(Object sender, PageEventArgs e) +20
   EPiServer.Core.PageStoreBase.RaisePageEvent(Object key, PageEventArgs eventArgs) +76
   EPiServer.DataFactory.GetPage(PageReference pageLink, ILanguageSelector selector) +167
   EPiServer.UI.Edit.PageRenderContext.get_LanguageSelectorSource() +92
   EPiServer.UI.Edit.PageExplorer.RenderCursive(PageRenderContext context) +83
   EPiServer.UI.Edit.PageExplorer.RenderAnchor(PageRenderContext context, Control container) +510
   EPiServer.UI.Edit.PageExplorer.PageTreeView_ItemDataBound(Object sender, PageTreeViewEventArgs e) +409
   EPiServer.UI.WebControls.PageTreeView.OnPageTreeViewItemDataBound(PageTreeViewEventArgs e) +22
   EPiServer.UI.WebControls.PageTreeView.CreateTemplatedControls(ITemplate template, PageTreeNode treeNode, Int32 position, Boolean dataBinding) +186
   EPiServer.UI.WebControls.PageTreeView.CreateTemplatedControls(ITemplate template, PageTreeNode treeNode, Int32 position, Boolean dataBinding) +316
   EPiServer.UI.WebControls.PageTreeView.CreateChildControlsFromItems(Boolean dataBinding) +135
   EPiServer.UI.WebControls.PageTreeView.PerformDataBinding() +175
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.HierarchicalDataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +85

May 27, 2011 11:01
Vote:

What version of PageTypeBuilder are you using?

Try the latest.

May 27, 2011 13:15
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.