Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

System.NullReferenceException on EditTree.aspx

Vote:

There is something seriously wrong with the language settings on this site, perhaps to many developers has been involved.
When entering edit mode I get this YSoD where the pagetreestructure is supposed to be, I also get this message when entering "set access rights" in admin mode.  

Globalization is NOT checked and page view is set to english.

What am I missing?

Best Regards
Sandra 

Stack trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   EPiServer.Core.PageLanguageSettingsTree.GetClosestSetting(PageReference pageLink) +279
   EPiServer.Core.PageLanguageSettingsTree.Get(PageReference pageLink) +104
   EPiServer.Core.LanguageSelector.SelectPageLanguage(LanguageSelectorContext context) +165
   EPiServer.Core.PageProviderBase.SelectLanguageBranch(PageData page, ILanguageSelector selector) +102
   EPiServer.Core.PageProviderBase.GetPages(PageReferenceCollection pageReferences, ILanguageSelector selector) +204
   EPiServer.Core.PageProviderBase.GetScatteredPages(IList`1 pageRefs, ILanguageSelector selector) +521
   EPiServer.Core.PageProviderBase.GetChildren(PageReference pageLink, ILanguageSelector selector, Int32 startIndex, Int32 maxRows) +151
   EPiServer.DataFactory.GetChildren(PageReference pageLink, ILanguageSelector selector, Int32 startIndex, Int32 maxRows) +695
   EPiServer.DataFactory.GetChildren(PageReference pageLink, ILanguageSelector selector) +23
   EPiServer.Web.WebControls.PageDataSource.GetChildrenForLoader(PageReference pageLink) +76
   EPiServer.Web.WebControls.HierarchicalPageLoader.GetFilteredChildren(PageReference pageLink) +47
   EPiServer.Web.WebControls.PageHierarchyData.EnsureChildrenLoaded() +127
   EPiServer.Web.WebControls.PageHierarchyData.get_HasChildren() +49
   EPiServer.UI.WebControls.PageTreeView.PopulateChildNodes(IHierarchicalEnumerable enumerable, Int32 depth, Int32 expandDepth, PageTreeNode parentNode, ArrayList populationPath) +704
   EPiServer.UI.WebControls.PageTreeView.PopulateChildNodes(IHierarchicalEnumerable enumerable, Int32 depth, Int32 expandDepth, PageTreeNode parentNode, ArrayList populationPath) +1008
   EPiServer.UI.WebControls.PageTreeView.PopulateRecursive(String viewPath) +266
   EPiServer.UI.WebControls.PageTreeView.PerformDataBinding() +154
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.HierarchicalDataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +114
   EPiServer.UI.Edit.PageExplorer.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +623
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +66
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +191
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2428

May 09, 2011 16:11
Vote:

I have also tried changing the database to a version when it all worked but still get the same error.

Regards 
Sandra 

May 10, 2011 10:54
Vote:

I would check if the solution has extended the EditTree in anyway own icons, hiding pages for users and so on.

May 10, 2011 10:59
Vote:

Thanks for your reply!
No nothing like that, no hiding pages or own icons or anything like it. 

May 10, 2011 11:01
Vote:

What version are you running? Also do you have any PageProviders?

May 10, 2011 11:25
Vote:

I got same problem yesterday. It is on e-Commerce site. I added two addition languages in e-Commerce and it starts fail. I found that it is customer pageprovider for e-Commerce which course the problem. After I disabled the pageprovider it works and I didn't investigate it more. Do you have any pageprovider?

May 10, 2011 11:27
Vote:

EPiServer CMS 6 R2 with Commerce. Looking at episerver.config I find this

<pageProvider>
<providers>
<add capabilities="MultiLanguage" entryPoint="64" name="CatalogPageProvider"
type="EPiServer.Business.Commerce.Providers.CatalogPageProvider, EPiServer.Business.Commerce" />
</providers>
</pageProvider>

Has this anything to do with it? 

May 10, 2011 11:28
Vote:

yes. I'm not sure about what it does and since i don't use it right now. I just disabled it and site starts running again.

May 10, 2011 11:31
Vote:

You are my hero! 

I uncommented the page provider and it works :)

Thank you

May 10, 2011 11:31
Vote:

Well the mystic like was:

EPiServer.Core.PageProviderBase.SelectLanguageBranch(PageData page, ILanguageSelector selector) +102

Because when you look at the sdk the EPiServer.Core.PageProviderBase doesn't have a SelectLanguageBranch method on it. So was just guessing that the solution would have exted it.

I see that the course payed of Ruwen! Good catch!

Edited, May 10, 2011 11:35
Vote:

that method is private and it is there in reflector. Could be a bug Commerce module.

May 10, 2011 11:42
Vote:

Hmm. Right so maybe I should get behind Ted on that source code browers thing =)

May 10, 2011 11:45
Vote:

I'm building a commerce site for a norwegian customer and had the exact same problem. I enabled a new language (norsk, nynorsk nn-NO) on the commerce side and create catalogs in that language. I found that if the newly enabled language don't have the same language enabled on the CMS side it crashes. I had norwegian (just "no") enabled on the CMS side and it crashed, however but when I enabled "nn-NO" everything worked fine again.

May 10, 2011 13:23
Vote:

Thanks Mattias, Now I got pageprovider work as well. Seems like I need duplicate all sv pages to sv-SE

May 10, 2011 13:28
Vote:

From our Commerce Team>

"The underlying problem is that ECF requires Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture to be set to a specific culture (for example en-US) which should be considered a bug.”

May 16, 2011 8:48
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.