Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver, Flowplayer and .mp4 for use on Ipad

Vote:

I have now used a lot of time figuring out how to make .mp4 run from Filemanager in Episerver using Flowplayer.

All tests so fare indicates that Episerver is not able to run .mp4 files.

What I have done so far is to enable "video/mp4" on my website and make an addtiontional virtual directory for videofiles based on

VirtualPathNativeProvider.

Based help from Fredrik Vig (http://www.frederikvig.com/2009/11/flash-and-flash-video-episerver-dynamic-content/comment-page-1/#comment-6990) I tried to use a sample file from Apple to see if there is anything wrong for the encoding of the file. The result was that the file didn't run from Episerver using IE9 either.

My initial problem is that .mp4 files doesn't run on Ipad using Flowplayer in Episerver CMS 6 R2. However it seems like there is an addtitional problem running .mp4 files with correct encoding (according to Apple) on Episerver as well. The result was a black screen on the Flowplayer frame.

Hope that there is someone with suggestions on my problem. In advance thank you for your reply!

Kind regards,

Jon Haakon

May 27, 2011 8:57
Vote:

Sorry I cannot help but I am trying to find out about running Flowplayer in episerver... i will look at the link you posted!

cheers

Sep 06, 2011 6:32
Vote:

I know this is old, but because this is the first result when googling "episerver mp4" I just wanted to add that I found a solution here: http://www.markeverard.com/blog/2011/07/05/serving-videos-to-ios-devices-from-episerver-vpp-folders/

Hopefully Episerver will update their StaticFileHandler in a future release so mp4 files will be supported on iDevices by default.

Feb 29, 2012 16:27
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.