Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Different page types for start page in other languages?

Vote:

Is it possible to use different page types for the start pages in other languages? I´m developing a site where the layout is different for each language when it comes to the startpage..

May 12, 2011 16:12
Vote:

Instead of page type I would consider switching the master page or something similar based on which language the user has choosen. If you still need to switch page types (eg: because of different properties for the different languages) you'd need to create different pages for each and add some logic that redirects to the correct page (could override the friendlurlprovider to do this for instance).

Hope this helps.

Frederik

May 12, 2011 19:50
Vote:

Not without some hacks. Alternatively you can use an enterprise set up with different start pages and sites but then all content will differ between different sites. What you can quite easily do though is create separate pages that are used as start pages and add event listeners to the url rewriting to make it appear as those pages are the start pages.

In other words you create a page referfence property on the actual start page that has a unique value per language. Then in the rewriting to external event you check if the URL that the rewriter is converting from matches the URL of the page selected in that property. If it is, you rewrite it to "/". And on rewriting to internal you do the opposite. This to is of course a bit of a hack, but it works quite well and is fairly easy.

Update: Dunno why I even bother posting considering Frederik will always beat me to it ;)

Edited, May 12, 2011 19:53
Vote:

A hybrid is to use the method of switching masterpages / toggle regions on and off etc and then load the actual properties from a different "data page". The actual startpage has a language specific property pointing to a "data page" with the actual properties used. This page may be of different types which hints your startpage template which layout to load, and it contains the properties needed to support that layout.

May 12, 2011 20:56
Vote:

Fredrik, I think rerouting to a different page from the start page is not premited. So Magnus approces is more correct :)

May 13, 2011 9:07
Vote:

I have only one license for my site.But site require multiple start pages with different page types and site supports only one language.

Please guide me how to achieve the above scenario.

Aug 26, 2011 10:21
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.