Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Website Installation VPP Issue

Vote:

Hi,

I'm doing a website installation with database and I get this VPP configuration error:

Invalid Path. The path selected is the same or a child folder of the Internal-Dev website. It may not start with the site path.

My site path is D:\EPiServer\Sites\SydneyAnimalHospitals

My VPP Path is D:\EpiServer\VPP\SydneyAnimalHospitals

I don't see anything wrong with this one. Am I missing something? Normally I get cthat error when I put the VPP path inside the site folder. But this time around, I'm not. I''ve already installed previous websites with this path format and everything went well.

Apr 19, 2011 8:00
Vote:

But when I don't change it to Drive D and just retain Drive the drive C on those path, it will work.

Apr 19, 2011 8:08
Vote:

It works for me on CMS 6 R2. Can you try to change from "VPP" to "Sites" and then back again and see if it works then?

Apr 19, 2011 9:09
Vote:

Thanks for the reply Tobias.

Same error occurrs when I swith the "VPP" to "Sites." I'm also using CMS 6 R2. It was working fine the other day.

So I'm jusing doing a work around right now deploying it to Drive C then just copying it to drive D and modifying the path configurations.

But it would be cool if someone knows a fix for this one. Re-installation would be my last option.

Apr 19, 2011 9:25
Vote:

Still No luck. I installed Relate+ but the same behaviour also happens.

Jul 15, 2011 2:14
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.