Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Site installation problems

Vote:

I have a problem installing a site based on the beta of R2 onto my development computer. When I start the installation of a site from Deployment Center all I get is the window with a progress bar saying "Initializing - Displaying wizard window", and that's where the installation hangs. I have used the same zipfile to install the beta onto a virtual server and then successfully installed a site from Deployment center on that server.

I have tried to do a reinstall/repair of the beta application which gave nothing. I have also uninstalled all my EPi-versions and installed them all over again after a reboot. Still I don't get any further trying to install a beta site. Do the Deployment center create any logs or something that I'm missing out on?

The OS of the development computer is Win7 64bit and the virtual server runs Win 2008 R2 64bit, so the 64bit shouldn't be a problem.

Feb 10, 2011 16:03
Vote:

UPDATE: Yeah, I found the logs for the installation but they just say the following:

EPiServerInstall Verbose: 0 : Progress Status: Activity:Initializing  Description:Initializing, 
EPiServerInstall Verbose: 0 : Progress Status: Activity:Initializing  Description:Initializing, 

EPiServerInstall Verbose: 0 : Progress Status: Activity:Initializing Description:Initializing,

EPiServerInstall Verbose: 0 : Progress Status: Activity:Initializing Description:Initializing,

Feb 10, 2011 16:09
Vote:

I am experiencing the same issue when trying to install CMS 6 R2. I also am using Win7 64bit as my development server. Have you managed to find a solution for this?

As a side note, I also have issues creating a Relate+ site, whereby it errors trying to access the AppPoolName when modifying the config files.

Mar 03, 2011 12:33
Vote:

Nope, haven't found any solution to this other than performing the installation on the server where it works and the moved everything to the the other computer. Not the smoothest solution, but it works! =) 

Mar 03, 2011 16:09
Vote:

Are you getting this problem with all the prowershell scripts ("Delete site", "Install site without database", etz), or is it only "Install site and SQL Server database"?

Do you have CMS 6 R1 installed on the computer that has this problem and that works?

Edited, Mar 07, 2011 15:55
Vote:

When trying a bit more vigoriously now it seems that the two scripts that aren't working is Install site and SQL Server and Install SQL Server. Using the others makes the wizard window pops up.

Mar 07, 2011 16:10
Vote:

This is intressting. It seems like we are trying to receive all sql server instances that you can use, and that seems to take very long time on your network.

Could you send us a dump when the installation is hanging? It would be intressting to see what we can get out of that.

Mar 07, 2011 16:27
Vote:

If you're looking in the registry for "DefaultDbInstance" under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\EPiServer". Does this go hand in hand with an SQL instance you have? If not, there might be a problem when we are trying to validate the instance.

Edited, Mar 08, 2011 8:53
Vote:

Where do you want me to send the dump-file?

Mar 08, 2011 8:55
Vote:

You can send it to jonas.bergqvist@episerver.com

Thanks!

Mar 08, 2011 8:57
Vote:

The size of the dump is about 222MB...

Mar 08, 2011 9:02
Vote:

Hi,

Regarding the Relate installation problem, it is because you have SP1 installed. We are working on finding a fix/workaround for this.

Mar 08, 2011 10:22
Vote:

Regarding the hang at "Initializing - Displaying wizard window", we've figured out why. We're working on a fix that will hopefully make it to RTM, but in the meantime, change the DPI setting back to its default value 100%.

Right click your desktop->Personalize, in the lower left corner, select "Display" and change the setting to 100%. You will need to log out in order for the change to take effect. On high dot pitch displays, the text and controls may appear small. But this actually works around the problem above.

Hope it helps.

Kristoffer

Mar 23, 2011 21:20
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.