Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Bad url hangs site

Vote:

I had a really nasty problem on a really simple page. Just after a iisreset everything was fine but for every hour one - and just this single page - took 45 seconds to load. I logged every part of the page lifecycle - no problem. During that time the entire site hung.

Then i discovered that one href-link was pointing to a directory above the root.

<a href=”../../Global/file.pdf”>Click me</a>

I changed it to <a href=”/Global/file.pdf”>Click me</a> and it worked like a charm.

Since the property mainBody can contain dynamic content I use the EPiServer:Property control to place the content on the page.

The problem is solved but I´m curious - does anyone know why this happens?

Nov 16, 2011 20:19
Vote:

Just tested with your sample. Site seems like to be working. On cold setup, with warm app pool, etc. Just a wild guess maybe that somehow related to Url rewriter. Try to turn it off (could be accomplished in episerver.config setting default provider to NullUrlRewriteProvider).

Nov 27, 2011 20:56
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.