Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

IE8 script error

Vote:

We have a client where editors report the following JavaScript error when editing a page with XHTML properties. Following this the textareas don't get TinyMCE'd.

--

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)

Timestamp: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 15:01:49 UTC

Line: 1

Char: 166

Code: 0

URI: https://*/Util/Editor/tinymce/plugins/epipersonalizedcontent/editor_plugin.js

--

They have IE8 with some limitations for domain users, I'm guessing it has something to do with that but can't be sure. A default installation IE8 doesn't show the error and modern browsers work as expected also.

I've now tried removing the epipersonalizedcontent-editor-button and I'm waiting for a report from the client...

Oct 18, 2011 17:14
Vote:

The same IE8-installation that fails on their HTTPS site doesn't give any errors at demo.episerver.com when editing so one lead is that HTTPS might trigger different and problematic security settings.

Oct 20, 2011 14:08
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.