Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer.XmlSerializers

Vote:

I am currently upgrading a site from 4.5 to 6R2. The database has been upgraded and I am working on the source code.

But when I build and run the site I get the following error in the global.asax:

Could not load file or assembly 'EPiServer.XmlSerializers, Version=6.1.379.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I have not been able to find anything at all on that on the web or through reflection (though I have not been through ALL episerver dll's)

Any ideas out there?

Oct 04, 2011 18:41
Vote:

EPiServer.XmlSerializers doesn't exist. Sounds like you have some wrong bindings configured in web.config.

Frederik

Oct 04, 2011 21:21
Vote:

That exception is actually thrown by .NET. When a XmlSerializer is used it generates assemblies during serialization/deserialization it also tries to load those generated assemblies and if no such exist that exception is thrown. That is actually an expected behaviour and is caught (you only see it if you have break at all exceptions tured on). 

Personally I think they should have implemented it differently so those exceptions are not thrown.

see for example:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/88566/bindingfailure-an-assembly-failed-to-load-while-using-xmlserialization

Oct 07, 2011 14:05
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.