Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

[SUGGESTION 6.1.278] Change so that pagetypes are sorted by name by default in admin mode

Vote:

I haven't seen a site yet where the number on the pagetypes made any sense. So changing it to list on name by default would save clicks!

Jan 17, 2011 11:29
Vote:

disagre

Jan 17, 2011 12:24
Vote:

I think both have points.. 

yes its nice to have it number sorted if you want to group the templates in the list and not beeing forced to have some strange name prefix... But having a category (maybe optional) would be cool. Then you can group sections of the site that you have in template categories.. and have it sorted by name within those. That would be real nice.

Some sites have loads of templates and structuring them a bit might be nice without beeing forces setting numbers on all templates.. 

Jan 17, 2011 13:25
Vote:

It seems Anders is the one that found sites with numbered pagetypes? (lucky you)

Perhaps the default sorting order could be a config option?

Jan 21, 2011 12:26
Vote:

Default sorting on name would definitely save time - at least for the projects I'm involved in!
Apr 08, 2011 12:49
Vote:

Ability to group pagetypes would be excellent yes. Right now I'm creating pagetypes with name like

-----Container------

to act as a separator in the list. Ugly as hell but works :)

Apr 08, 2011 15:21
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.