Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Is there a limit to the number of pages that an EPiServer site can manage?

Vote:

Hello EPiServer Community,

Please can you help me with the following query:

Is there a limit to the number of pages that an EPiServer site can manage?

We're using EPiServer 6 to manage a fairly large collection of microsites.

Thanks

Karen

Jul 23, 2015 12:04
Vote:

Theoretically, you can have up to 4 billions for all versions, so if each page has 10 versions, you can have up to 400 million, given or take. That's a hard limit but I don't think there is any site reached that number.

I think we have some customers with more than 1.5 million of pages. So with properly configuration and optimization, a couple of million would be achievable.

/Q

Jul 23, 2015 15:14
Vote:

Thank you.  I would hope that we'd never have that many pages!

Karen

Jul 23, 2015 15:46
Vote:

For a site with 17,000+ Pages, lots of Dynamic Content and Composer Blocks, would you expect to need to increase the timeout in the web.config file to cope with larger amounts of data?

Thanks

Karen

Jul 29, 2015 14:59
Vote:

No, I would expect that to be the last thing to touch.

I don't know about "lots of", but if your site has big enough data, then you should scale the hardware. 

If the hardware is good enough but the site is still slow then try some profilers to find the bottleneck - database, network, some bad written code,...?

Increasing timeout setting can be the solution in some edge case, but for daily uses I don't think you'll need it.

Regards,

/Q

Edited, Jul 29, 2015 15:25
Vote:

Thanks again.  That's really helpful.

Regards

Karen

Jul 29, 2015 15:30
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.