Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Put authentication on a EPIServer page

Vote:

Hi ,

I have created a page type from EPIServer admin and based on that created a page in EPIServer. Now I want to put authentication on that page so that only login user and user with a certain user id can access that page from front end.No guest user will be able to access that page.How to implement that in EPIServer,In setting section of a page type there is a option access role but it is not working. Still anonymous user are able to access that page. What is the option to put restriction on that page .Please share link of tutorial.

thanks 

Utpal

Mar 20, 2014 15:13
Vote:

My navigating url is

http://wwww.xyz.com/en/Documents/

and in web.config I have written like this

<location path="Documents">
    <system.web>
      <authorization>
        <deny users="*"></deny>
      </authorization>

</system.web>
  </location>
Mar 20, 2014 15:54
Vote:

Hi,

You don't have to change anything in web.config. EPiServer has built-in support for access rights for content. You can read about it in the editor manual here http://webhelp.episerver.com/CMS/7.5/EN/Default.htm#Authorization/Admin_IN_Authorization.htm%3FTocPath%3DAdministering%20the%20website|Setting%20access%20rights|_____0

Mar 20, 2014 21:27
Vote:

Hi,

I donot want to show that page even from the front end for certaint user will that be accomplish with this feature of EPIServer. Because i am not getting any option for that in EPIServer.

Mar 21, 2014 7:47
Vote:

Yes. If you remove the read access for certain groups or users, they won't be able to see the page.

Mar 21, 2014 15:00
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.