Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Need help to run an existing EpiServer 6 website in my local environment

Vote:

I have got an existing Episerver 6 project from client and for some modification i have to run this in my local development machine.I have successfully complied the project but when I am running the project I am getting the error Page 27 was not found and in my configuration I have set the pagestartid as '27'. What I suspect that I have only bring the code files for the project and not copy the databases with data in my local development data.I have created a Episerver site and used the database of that site to run my project.Is it the reason I am getting this error?Please help.

Thanks

Utpal

Mar 18, 2014 14:24
Vote:

I you have created a new database there are no page with id 27, rather 3 or 4.

I would copy the database to your local enviroment to get the best result, but you can of course also change tha startpageid to 3 (I think) in your config

Mar 18, 2014 15:02
Vote:

I have set the pagestart id to 1 and also tried for 3 also now I am getting error in this section of the code

PropertyCriteria criteria = new PropertyCriteria();

criteria.Value = PageType.Load("Klinikstartsida").ID.ToString();

Mar 19, 2014 9:52
Vote:

it is not strange that you get this error since you try to load a pagetype that propably does not exist and do a toString on a property for a object that possible is null.
If you have a lot of stuff like that in the code, it is better to restore the database in your local enviroment.

Mar 19, 2014 11:40
Vote:

Utpal, do not forget to mark answers that solves you problem.

Mar 20, 2014 14:55
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.