Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Issue while trying to create a page from page type created using pagetype builder

Vote:

Hi.

I have created a pagetype using pagetype builder 1.3. In that pagetype builder i have defined a property.The code is like this

[PageType(Filename = "~/Templates/Public/Pages/Scheduling.aspx")]
public class Schedule : TypedPageData
{
    [PageTypeProperty(Type = typeof(PropertyLongString))]
    public virtual string RestURL { getset; }

}

Then in my scheduling.aspx.cs file my code is like this

public partial class Templates_Public_Pages_Scheduling : TemplatePage<Schedule>
{
    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {

}
}

And in my schedule.aspx file I have tried to access them like this.

<div runat="server">
           <%= CurrentPage.RestURL %>
       </div>

But when trying to navigate the page I am getting the error

RightClickMenu requires a header control on the page. (e.g. <head runat="server" />).

Why this error is coming

Mar 28, 2014 12:54
Vote:

Hi!

What does your page directive look like at the top of your Scheduling.aspx codeinfront? Did you set a MasterPage for it? and does it have a <head> tag with runat="server"?

<%@Page MasterPageFile="...."

//Mathias

Mar 28, 2014 20:05
Vote:

As Mathias says, it has nothing to do with pagetypebuilder, the error happens when EPiServer applies the rightclick functionality and it demands that the head-tag has runat-server on it, so in your page or masterpage, that contains the head and html, it should look like tis:

<head runat="server">

</head>

Mar 28, 2014 20:17
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.