Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to get content of single page by Webservices?

Vote:

Hi,

I am new to Episerver and have basic question, I search quite long time and didn't found the answer: Is there a way to get all content of single page by webservices?

I use DataFactoryService GetPage to get page details and GetChildren to get subpages. What should I use to get content of single page?

Feb 06, 2014 12:09
Vote:

Hi Michal!

What are you meaning with "get content of a single page"? Are you referring to content that is used by the page, like images etc?

Feb 06, 2014 13:15
Vote:

Hi Linus,

Yes, I mean all content that exists on single page like texts, images etc.

Feb 07, 2014 8:00
Vote:

Hello Michal!

Is it the rendered page (the content as markup) you are after? If so, I did a bit of work in that direction once and can get you the code if you'd like; otherwise I would also have to ask you to elaborate a bit :)

Cheers, Mathias

Edit: Meh, too slow >_<

Edited, Feb 07, 2014 8:04
Vote:

You have a few examples on how to access the values of a page's properties here, if you are using PageTypeBuilder you can get the content by for instance CurrentPage.MainBody; see Joels article.

//Mathias

Feb 07, 2014 8:15
Vote:

But is there a way to obtain this data using default Webservices?

Feb 07, 2014 9:41
Vote:

Check out PageStoreService and see if it does what you want. I believe the default path is /WebServices/PageStoreService.asmx. It has a GetPage operation that reads a single page. You will then get the information as an XML response. I haven't used it myself but that's the best answer I can give you. Hope it helps!

//Mathias

Feb 10, 2014 8:06
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.